Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tucson Travels

One of my purchases from How Sweet It Was--a 50s black and white gingham dress trimmed in soutache and sequins
Red linen 40s platforms
Red carved plastic bracelet
Red Bakelite earrings and necklace
Red patent purse
Fully fashioned stockings
On Saturday my Sweetie and I took a short little jaunt to Tucson--we had a free night stay at El Conquistador Resort, and we drove down Saturday afternoon. We had just enough time that day to take in a little shopping and a nice dinner, and later we hit the town in search of music and cocktails (I had a most divine beverage called the Ghost Orchid at the Congress--creme de violet, peach and ginger liqueur, oh my! My Sweetie went with his favorite standby, a dirty vodka martini.)



The next day we had breakfast at the Cup Cafe (always a hit) and then toured the Pima Air Museum before heading home that afternoon. It was much too short a trip, but we hope to be headed back sometime in October for a special project ;-)

xoxo,
Amanda Lee

1940s-50s grey denim trimmed in red bandana cotton top and skirt
Matching bandana belt
Rocket Originals "Georgia" Wedges

Carved red Bakelite earrings and bracelet

Red patent purse

6 comments:

  1. oh I love Tuscon, particularly the antique shopping! I haven't been for a few years now :o( You made me want to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your outfits are divine! :) Short one-day trips are always fun; I've been itching to take one myself this fall...

    ♥ Casey
    blog | elegantmusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful as always ,Amanda:)You'll have to excuse me for being a having a bit of a girly fan moment but i am always in awe of how stunning you look.Yourself & Fluer are my pin up idols.
    I promise i'm not the stalking kind of fan lol,since i live in Australia it would be a bit of a problem anyway:D
    Anyway i hope you don't mind that i told you that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your outfits...so originally vintage and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet comments, ladies :-)

    Straight Talking Mama--the shopping is great in Tucson--I always find some great deals!

    Casey--My Sweetie and I love taking day trips! Getting out of town, even if only for an afternoon, is always and adventure :-)

    Mrs. Cleaver--I'm so very flattered that I am one of your idols :-)

    Frankie's Wife--thank you so much! The denim set has always been a favorite of mine, and I was delighted to find the gingham dress, as I don't have anything like it in my closet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda! You are gorgeous as usually! I agree about short trips - even if they are only for an afternoon - still a lot of fun!

    I love to see the outfits you put together. They are so tasteful, glamorous, sexy and unique.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete